To properly size or specify a transformer the following information is generally required:
- Input voltage to the transformer
- kW of the power source
- Frequency range of the power source, and at which the transformer will operate
- Turns ratio or the output voltage required at full load (or no load)
- Input kVA at the minimum and maximum turns ratio
- Expected efficiency (based on the kW rating of the power source) or loss of the transformer
It is also helpful to know any unique characteristics of the power source, type of waveform, or if any DC will be present.
The more information the designer has available the more assurance the customer has of getting the proper and most efficient transformer.
Check out our Products Page to learn more about the quality magnetic products we have to offer.